GIS Day will be held on Monday, November 18, 2019 at the Air Command Mobility Museum in Dover. GIS Day, an International Event, falls on Wednesday of Geography Awareness Week.
Here are some highlights from our 2018 event.
Shown above: Leasure and Marshall Elementary from the Christina School District reflect on their favorite stations from GIS Day 2018.
View photos from Sonia Saunders class of the Brandywine Springs School, Red Clay School District and their GIS Day field trip experience here.
View our story map below by scrolling through to learn more about our field trip event!
Meet the Delaware GIS Day Organizing Committee
- Darin Dell, not shown in photo – DTI
- Michael Hanna – Tidewater Utilities
- Kymberllie Kelly – DTCC, Stanton Campus
- Danielle Lambourn – Kent County Government
- Nicole Minni, Chair – University of Delaware’s, Institute for Public Administration, Water Resources Center
- Megan Nehrbas – Sussex County Government
- Miriam Pomilio – Office of State Planning Coordination
- Debbie Sullivan – DTI
- Art Walker – USDA
The GIS Day Committee is a subcommittee of the Delaware Geographic Data Committee (DGDC).
Watch our GIS Day Sponsor Video to learn more!
Thank you to our 2018 GIS Day Sponsors listed below! Please contact Miriam Pomilio Miriam.Pomilio@state.de.us to sponsor our 2018 GIS Day event! Your sponsorship funds the Earth Balloon, breakfast and lunch for our dedicated volunteers and station chiefs, and additional needed supplies.
- Air Mobility Command Museum – sponsoring venue
- Artesian Water – Gold Level Sponsor
- Delasoft – PLATINUM level sponsor
- MACURISA – SILVER Level Sponsor
- Magnolia River – SILVER Level Sponsor
- Surdex – SILVER Level Sponsor
- Tidewater Utilities – BRONZE Level Sponsor
- University of Delaware Geography Department – SILVER Level Sponsor
- University of Delaware Water Resources Center – BRONZE Level Sponsor
For more information on past years’ GIS Day success, please visit our links below.
To make GISDay everyday in your classroom, visit these links to get started.
- GeoInquiries – set to Common Core Standards
- Ignite your GIS Day fun with these great resources for all ages!
- Ready to use 15 minute lessons for k-12 – http://www.esri.com/connected
- Esri Intructional Documents, lessons, videos and more
- Visit this GIS wiki space to see how GIS fits into Common Core