GIS Day was held on Monday, November 18, 2019 at the Air Command Mobility Museum in Dover. GIS Day, an International Event, falls on Wednesday of Geography Awareness Week.
We look forward to another Delaware GIS Day event; see you in 2020!
View our story map below by scrolling through to learn more about our field trip event!
Meet the Delaware GIS Day Organizing Committee
- Debbie Sullivan – DTI
- Darin Dell – DTI
- Art Walker – USDA
- Miriam Pomilio – Delaware Office of State Planning Coordination (OMB)
- Michael Hanna – Tidewater Utilities
- Megan Nehrbas – Sussex County Government
- Kymberllie Kelly – DTCC, Stanton Campus
- Nicole Minni, Chair – University of Delaware’s, Institute for Public Administration, Water Resources Center
- Danielle Lamborn (not shown) – Kent County Government
The GIS Day Committee is a subcommittee of the Delaware Geographic Data Committee (DGDC).
Watch our GIS Day Sponsor Video to learn more!
Thank you to our 2019 GIS Day Sponsors listed below! Your sponsorship funded the Earth Balloon, breakfast and lunch for our dedicated volunteers and station chiefs, and additional needed supplies.
- Air Mobility Command Museum – sponsoring venue
- Delasoft – PLATINUM level sponsor
- Magnolia River – SILVER Level Sponsor
- Surdex – SILVER Level Sponsor and sponsor of giveaways
- University of Delaware Geography Department – GOLD Level Sponsor
- University of Delaware Water Resources Center – BRONZE Level Sponsor
- Esri – Sponsoring Giveaways
- NRCS – Sponsoring Giveaways
For more information on past years’ GIS Day success, please visit our links below.
To make GISDay everyday in your classroom, visit these links to get started.
- GeoInquiries – set to Common Core Standards
- Ignite your GIS Day fun with these great resources for all ages!
- Ready to use 15 minute lessons for k-12 – http://www.esri.com/connected
- Esri Intructional Documents, lessons, videos and more
- Visit this GIS wiki space to see how GIS fits into Common Core